How to update Osmosis and its required plugins?
How to use the Osmosis Theme auto Update
This is for sure the easiest and fastest way to update Osmosis. The only thing you have to do is to activate the theme update and enter your Themeforest username and an API key (from Envato).
Follow the steps below in order to use the auto update:
- Go Theme Options--> Theme Update
- Enable Theme Update
- Insert your Themeforest username and an API key from your Envato account
- Save changes and you're ready.
When there is a new update of Osmosis you will be informed (message at top) in Appearance-->Themes screen and in Theme Options screen. Then you will be able to update Osmosis with just one-click. Don't forget to update the required plugins in case that you are prompted (read the last 5 steps in this page).
How to update Osmosis (old-school method)
This is the old-school method for the updates of Osmosis.
Follow the steps below:
- Deactivate Osmosis - (activate one of the WP themes like Fourteen)
- Delete Osmosis
- Upload and install the new version of Osmosis, then activate it.
If you won't get an info message prompting you to update one or both of the required plugins of Osmosis (Visual Composer and Osmosis Visual Composer Extension) you're ready.
In case you prompt to update any or both of the required plugins (Visual Composer and/or Osmosis Visual Composer Extension)
- Deactivate Osmosis
- Go Plugins, find and delete the plugins that need to be updated (Visual Composer and/or Osmosis Visual Composer Extension)
- Activate Osmosis again
- You will notice a new info message prompting to install these plugins. Click Begin Installing Plugins so to install it/them.
- You're ready to go!